By Kenzie Rosene, Master Scuba Diver Trainer
Most of you have met the amazing Sheena, one of our instructors and shop staff. If you haven't met her, I'm sad to say you won't because today is her last day at Rockfish Divers. Sheena has been an amazing employee, coworker, and friend, and we are all going to miss her dearly. Sheena always comes to work with some sort of witty story that makes you laugh so hard your stomach hurts, and is always a blast to dive with. She has also done some amazing work keeping the shop running during these weird Covid19 times.
Here's a few of my favourite Sheena moments thus far:
1. Play fighting with her underwater during Divemaster Training exercises. Yes, hair was pulled and rocks were tossed
2. Sitting in the rinse bin with her in our drysuits because we were too lazy to take them off to clean them
3. Her bringing me treats when I was in the shop on a slow day
4. Watching her calm scared divers down and helping them grow more confidence in themselves
5. The general banter that occurs when we are in each others presence that almost always ends in one, or both of us crying laughing.
6. Oh also that one she started her truck and the sound was so loud it scared me and I dropped my ice cream
Best of luck to you Sheena in your new adventures!! Come back soon for a visit!
Rockfish Divers is focused on community and educating divers on safety and environmental issues that impact the aquatic ecosystem. If you have an idea for a topic you would like us to feature, please submit it through the link below and stay tuned.